Monday, September 26

Chalkboard Menus

First of all, this is officially my first new post of Autumn and I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about it as excited as me! I'm celebrating by gorging myself on homemade cinnamon rolls, although that's pretty much how I like to ring in every Monday morning, regardless of the season.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans!

This week's project is a DIY menu chalkboard: 

As ever, the tutorial is after the jump!



So, at the Dollar Tree 'round Halloween time, they sell these cute shingle signs:

They have a few different shapes, and they're made of a pretty durable particle board material, so I grabbed three and brought them home.

I untied the twine and set it aside so that I could paint the boards with chalkboard paint. After a few coats, this is what they looked like:

Then I got my stencils out and traced some words and designs in white pencil. Obviously, they can say whatever you want them to or nothing at all. They're cute either way, but I went with MENU, and a few decorative flourishes.

I used a white, fine tipped paint marker to finish them off and voila! All done, and they're pretty cute!



Cute, cheap and easy!

3 comments:

  1. Really neat idea. I'll have to check out my local dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon pennsylvainia.I was just passing though and thought id say hello. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual I'm a day late! I want a couple of these! Do they ONLY have them at Halloween? Why oh why can't they have them at Easter and all points in between?
    :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! I really do read them all and I greatly appreciate the feedback.